Would YOU Pay This Bill??
Whether in our business life or personal life, can anyone think of a product that we’d buy without knowing what the price or cost is? For example –
- Gas – Would anyone pull up to a pump with no cost per gallon, and meter indicating how many gallons purchased?
- Grocery – Would anyone shop at a store that didn’t post the prices of the products.
- Travel – Would anyone fly an airline that didn’t disclose the cost of the flight and whatever additional fees would be added like baggage.
- Restaurants – Has anyone been to a restaurant whose menu prices weren’t next to the item presented on the menu?
- Automotive – Would anyone buy brakes or tires for a car without first asking the price?
The list can go on and on. Is there anything that anyone would buy without asking the price? Believe it or not, the answer is YES! It is healthcare services and prescriptions. We know the co-pays, the deductibles, the doctor lists and we know the premium most of the time. We, however, seldom (if ever) know actual price of anything at all.
The cost of healthcare keeps rising because we keep paying blindly with premium through third parties – no questions asked!
If we would demand to know actual costs and what the costs pertain to with an itemized invoice or actual bill and bypass as many third parties as possible, costs would go down.
– Howard Danzig, President of The ECCHIC Group